Senior Market Research Director – New Business Focus
Sydney or Melbourne
Generous base + uncapped OTE
Firmly future-focused, this leading provider of market research and insights is currently drawing up its prospective blueprint for success.
Part of that plan includes hiring senior research and sales gun to work alongside senior leadership team. A stalwart of the Australian Market Research agency, with regional backing, their current business model affords them enviable stability in this current uncertain business climate. From this place of strength, they plan to build.
With a loyal and engaged client base, for whom they deliver continuous programs of research, your role would be to expand on their current success by expanding their bespoke research offering. Already offering value add to their clients through additional market research consulting, data analytics, and modelling capabilities your role will be to champion these taking them to a wider range of client organisations and industries. Confident with consultative sales, and directly experienced with selling primary market research, you will be in your element pitching and winning work across a myriad of study types including brand tracking, customer segmentation, pricing, new product development and customer experience, customer value proposition, and customer journey to name a few.
• Engaging and winning fresh new business: You’ll be a natural at mapping leads, initiating contact, building rapport, pitching, and opening doors.
• Upselling and growing accounts: You’ll be confident consulting with key client contacts to understand their strategic business problems, driving growth within existing accounts
• Developing the go-to-market strategy: Working closely the senior leadership and marketing team, you will play a key role in defining the go-to-market strategy, identifying key audiences and channels, and overseeing execution.
• Networking & profile elevation: Happy engaging with the wider industry and attending events, you will single out opportunities to raise the profile of the business
So, what does it take
• Direct experience of working within the Market Research and Consumer Insights industry
• A proven track record of winning new business and a consultative style
• A comprehensive understanding of quantitative market research approaches and methodologies and their application
• Hunger, drive and a determination to achieve targets
• Strong communication skills and a client-facing and charismatic demeanour
• $140k - $170k base, plus lucrative commission and uncapped OTE
• Additional leave allowances, flexible working practices, excellent training, and professional advancement opportunities
• An inspiring and capable leadership team and chance to have your voice heard, whilst playing a part in setting strategy for the business
To apply for this role please send a Word copy of your CV to Rowan Haylett at firstname.lastname@example.org