$60,000 - $70,000 + super + bonus
This industry-based research company provides thoroughly researched, reliable and current business information. They are the leading global publisher of business intelligence. With offices globally, the team of dedicated expert analysts research economic, demographic and government data. They provide organisations with valuable insights on Australia’s 700+ industries, as well as its top 2,000 companies and its key business environment indicators. This allows businesses to make better decisions, faster.
Based in the global Head office in Melbourne, you will be part of an office of dedicated professionals across a mix of departments. As a Business Development Manager, you will revel in a pure hunting business development role. This position will see you both prospect and close new business, through identifying and qualifying prospects. You will nurture them through the full sales cycle.
Your clients will span across a wide section of the Australian economy, and will include key prospects in ICT organisations, M&A firms, accounting, procurement, and consulting.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Managing subscription based sales from commencement, through to the execution of the contract
• Using a consultative sales approach to identify customer challenges and offer solutions that match the product
• Building a solid pipeline through networking
• Achieving and exceeding established sales goals
• Engaging new and existing accounts
• Delivering live and web-based presentations and training sessions to prospective clients (occasional interstate travel may be required)
To be successful in this business development role, you should have:
• 1-2 years’ experience in B2B sales
• The ability to adapt and rise to challenges quickly
• A confident, sales personality and the ability to form quality relationships with your clients
• Organisational skills to ensure effective pipeline management
• Basic understanding of selling principles and processes behind consultative selling
Although not essential, a degree in Business or Marketing related field, and/or some understanding of business and the Australian business scene would be advantageous
In return, you will receive perks that include substantial training and the opportunity to work in a great culture that is progressive, hardworking and fun.
A healthy commission scheme also applies.
Send your CV to Jennifer Watson at Resources Group