Market Research Officer | Top City Council | Community Research
$75,000 -$83,000 + super
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced market researcher to join one of Sydney’s top City Councils as a Market Research Officer.
Initially a 6-month fixed term contract you will join a team of highly talented insights professionals to support this fast-paced Councils community research program. This Council puts research and community consultation at the heart of its decision making process. Working with stakeholders from across the council you will support marketing, service improvement, policy development and strategic planning functions.
Much of the research is run in house using the Councils Community Panel and so strong hands on research skills are a must in this role as you will be designing and implanting studies from initial brief to final presentation. You will also need to have strong supplier management skills as you will turn to external suppliers and research agencies for key large research studies.
The day to day:
• Manage research projects from start to finish adapting appropriate research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative).
• Design and implement a range of online questionnaires, manage samples, analyse and interpret data.
• Prepare reports, executive summaries and presentations and communicate meaningful findings to internal customers and/or the community.
• Undertake ad hoc analysis of consumer research and statistics as required with a focus on implications for specific teams and/or strategies as required.
• Provide advice and support to colleagues who wish to undertake research, providing advice on projects ensuring they adopt the most appropriate approach.
• Manage and maintain research panels, including data management and cleaning and developing engagement and retention strategies
• Manage and supervise staff resources and consultants as required including field staff at all of Council’s major events.
• Attend Council and non-Council events to carry out research on weekday evenings and on weekends where required.
• Provide general administrative duties as required.
To be considered for this role you will need a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Market Research or Social and Government Research. You will need a will do / can do attitude and you should have excellent communication and project management skills. A good eye of detail and ability to work in fast paced environment are also a must. To apply send your CV to Rowan Haylett at email@example.com or call 0292581121