• How do people behave?
• How are habits developed and how are they broken?
• How do individuals behave?
• Why do groups behave how they do?
• What is the relationship between brands and societal values and culture?
These questions aren’t for everyone but for the right person they are truly fascinating. You’ll be a people person who loves nothing better than observing human nature, behaviour and interaction. You’ll be highly empathetic and enjoy putting yourself in other people’s shoes to imagine what their worldly perceptions and experiences are. Furthermore, this behavioural passion will come with a consumer lens as you can apply this knowledge and understanding in the commercial world to helping brands change, innovate and plan!
The day to day:
You’ll work with clients on their needs from kick-off meetings to presenting project findings and crucially – how to apply those findings. You’ll be able to think creatively and laterally about how to best understand behaviour using qualitatively led research techniques. This is not an agency which focusses on using traditional group moderation but instead has a more ethnographic slant towards observation, using mobile, apps, diaries, text, affinity groups, eye tracking and a developing assortment of tools and techniques. This agency is very exploratory and is known and trusted by their clients to answer their marketing challenges by coming up with new and interesting ways to do so. You’ll help think-up and execute these approaches; you’ll pick out the useful insights that are generated and then you’ll brainstorm the ways in which they can be used and applied.
Core skills and abilities:
• First and foremost, you’ll be a great thinker – with a rigorous, critical and creative brain
• You’ll enjoy working as a team as you have plenty of your own ideas but it’s more fun collaborating to generate even more ideas.
• You’ll be innately curious about human behaviour, culture, society and people and that should be in evidence in your current role - brand strategy/consumer insights/planning/data driven strategy/behavioural economics with a qualitive research language and understanding
• 2/3 years + work experience necessary
To apply please contact Gemma Lewis (nee Hughes) glewis@Resourcesgroup.com or call +61 (0)2 9258 1121