Senior Social Researcher – Social & Government Team
$70,000 - $75,000+SUPER
Conduct market research to inspire social policy makers by understanding the needs of Australians
• Are you passionate about applying primary research skills in a meaningful way?
• Does conducting research for social, NFP and government clients sound right up your street?
• Do you want to inspire social policy makers by understanding the needs of Australians?
You will embark of projects to tackle a plethora of issues: health, ageing, families, education, employment, transport, tourism, indigenous, immigration. Not only are the topics diverse but the methods employed include both qualitative and quantitative surveying techniques. As the communities you will talk to will differ including hard to reach, minority and sensitive groups, no two approaches will be the same.
What does this mean for you?
You will have first class communication skills to talk with differing community groups, as well as build relationships with your clients and with your colleagues. You will need to have previous experience working on social issues. You will have 2 years+ of experience in research with exposure to the whole process from designing a research project, winning a tender, conducting fieldwork and data collection, through to analysis, interpretation and presentation of insights and robust advice to clients.
This position is within a well-known leading and sizeable social research agency This means you have a tight-knit team but the benefits of a wider, busy and buzzing office in addition to structured training, progression opportunities, tools and methodologies.
The essential requirements:
• A minimum of 2 years upwards of market research experience in a social setting
• You must have worked for a commercial agency where you have worked for multiple clients
• You will have had exposure to quantitative techniques (good survey design, analysis and reporting skills)
• Ideally also some experience of qualitative techniques.
• You will have top communication skills
• Fluency in English
To apply please email your CV to Rowan Haylett or email@example.com or call +61 (0)2 9258 1121