Junior Social Researcher – Impactful Qualitative Research
$50,000 to $55,000 plus SUPER
Be involved in changing Australia for the better, join an independent social research agency and accelerate your career.
My client is a commercial research agency meets management consultancy, with an established and well respected expertise in social research.
The researchers here apply their expert understanding of human psychology to connect with members of public from all over Australia. They use the content of these conversations to back-up their expert industry knowledge; providing powerful insights to government bodies and NGOs that prove imperative in key decision making.
Projects are related to government communications/marketing, policy development, indigenous research, program management/evaluation/review and employee engagement.
Their qualitative research team are now on the lookout for a bright mind to join them as they continue to grow.
• Work very closely with senior members of the team to understand what clients from local, federal and state governments require,
• Help write research proposals and project plans
• Conduct qualitative fieldwork (focus groups, in-depths interviews, ethnography) with people from a rich mix of backgrounds
• Analyse your research findings and write engaging, reports that summarise your outcomes.
• Have input into project presentation – delivering insights and outlining a actionable course
To be considered you must have:
• At least 6 months of experience working in a commercial research agency - some experience in social research would be hugely advantageous
• Exposure to the fundamentals of qualitative research – you must have conducted in-depth interviews and ideally moderated/co-moderated a focus group
• A top academic record, ideally with a social science degree.
• A-grade written and verbal communication skills
• The compassion to deal with highly sensitive and confidential issues on a daily basis
• A flexible schedule – this role will involve regular interstate travel
To apply please send your CV to Emily – firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02 9258 1121.