General Manager – Consumer Insights & Market Research
$165,000 - $185,000+SUPER + Bonus (neg.)
The pinnacle of your career awaits – General Manager of high performance consumer insights & market research business in Melbourne.
The ultimate career move for a senior & commercial Researcher primed for a top leadership role – you’ll assume the role of General Manager for the research division of this high performance consultancy. This is a rare opportunity to take your experience to the highest level where your main responsibilities will be fourfold:
• Business Management – To be part of the senior management team responsible for the direction and strategy of your team’s performance and position within the wider business framework in Australia.
• Team Management – Directing a highly experienced team of senior and junior staff, you’ll be charged with inspiring, leading, mentoring, hiring and retaining top insights talent.
• Thought Leadership – Highly focussed on evolving methodologies and technology in insight collection, you’ll use your experience and vision to ensure the agency’s offering continues to stay ahead of the curve.
• Client Leadership – To act as the main point of contact for key clients and developing longstanding relationships as well as seeking out new business opportunities.
You will be joining a consultancy group flying-high on their successes and enjoying a sustained period of growth across their offices, both local and international, and the buzz is perceptible in their impressive Melbourne HQ. Research is only one part of their offering so you will also work with leaders in other group businesses such as communications, PR, marketing, reputation management, creative content and experiential design, sponsorship, advisory and merchandising.
Within insights you’ll enjoy the rigorous, quality of their offering across qual & quant where the focus is always about the business outcome, which is why clients value this forward thinking consultancy which is positioned very differently from a traditional market research agency.
As a guide – you will require the following experience:
• Depth & breadth of agency MR experience across qual & quant methodologies
• Clients – consumer focussed and across sectors
• Projects – not confined to one area but across branding, innovation, communications etc.
• Personality – credible, with gravitas, motivated, inspiring, sharp, clearly focussed with the ability to juggle the day to day and focus on the bigger picture.
This is a group who take ultimate pride in the culture and team environment they have built. Staff are encouraged to bring their ‘authentic self’ to work, they celebrate difference and individuality but share a common passion to achieve great things and make lives better. In addition they offer market leading benefits encompassing extended leave, flexible working, passion and development grants, mentoring programs, corporate discounts an active and busy social calendar.
So if you are looking for a role which will capitalise on your expertise as a researcher and business leader, where you will become a ‘voice’ of the business and will enjoy taking this ultimate level of ownership and visibility, then do not hesitate to get in touch for further details. Email your CV to Rowan Haylett at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Rowan on 029258112 to discus