Research Strategist – Qualitative, Quantitative & Behavioural Science
Sydney $80,000 - $110,000 + SUPER
This global insights agency exists to change the world, and they are doing just that.
How? By integrating qualitative and quantitative market research with behavioral science, they tap into the unconscious and subconscious influences that impact human decision-making. And unearthing real human insights, developing smart strategies, and turning them into tangible solutions, interventions, and nudges spark change.
They partner with the biggest brands in the region, from trailblazing start-ups to loved household names, in addition to social enterprises, NGO’s and government departments. Their project reach is national and international and taps into their global network and team across Sydney, London, NYC, and Shanghai.
Boutique in size, they are innovative, flexible, and creative but have the benefits that come with a global brand – the best of both worlds. Their culture is focused on collaboration, rigorous thinking, and looking at problems from all directions. The team comprises an intelligent group of empathic, passionate, smart strategists, behavioral strategists, qualitative & quantitative researchers, planners, and designers.
About the role
As a Behavioural Strategy & Research Consultant, you’ll join a highly talented team managing behavior change projects, from pitch through to final presentation, implementation, and execution.
The problems you’ll solve will be complex, strategic, and exist to make the world a better place. From improving the financial wellbeing of Australians to speeding up the diagnosis of rare diseases and reducing anti-social behavior on public transport - variety is prevalent. All projects are ad-hoc and tailored to understand the underpinning issue deeply.
Tacking various projects, you’ll be the opportunity to be involved in new product development, innovation, customer experience, employee engagement, U&A, communications testing, and messaging – all with a view to positively nudge and influence human behavior.
Multidisciplinary in your approach, you’ll be responsible for:
• Building strong client relationships – a key ingredient to their success
• Conducting qualitative research (discussion guided. IDI’s, workshops, groups, ethnography sessions).
• Quantitative analysis (designing questionaries, data analysis, and RCT’s)
• Managing ad-hoc and tracking projects with a focus on reporting, insight generation, presenting and implementing
• Leading high-profile accounts, and challenging clients thinking, and deeply understanding their problems
• Mentoring junior members of the team and elevate their thinking
• Continue to further your behavioral economics and research skills
• Prior market research/behavioral economics/consulting experience within an agency environment
• Strong qualitative or quantitative skills – ideally, you’re a dualist
• Analytical and creative approach to problem-solving
• Hands-on experience managing clients within the commercial and social sector
• An inherent passion for behavioral economics, psychology, and understanding the why
• Proven experience deleting recommendations, insights, and nudges to clients
• Not afraid to ask questions that dig deeper, the wisdom that you uncover will ignite change.
Please send your CV to Emily Moser at Resources Group emoser@resourcesg