Research Director – Trailblazing Insight Consultancy
$150,000 - $180,000 (experience depending)
This high-flying international research agency brings ideas and innovation to life, driven by a genuine desire to connect people and the world around them. They offer the best of both worlds, a start-up's energy, and agility, combined with an established name's reputation, clout, and research expertise. Multidisciplinary in their approach, they blend qualitative and quantitative research with behavioural thinking, culture trends, and big data to unlock human truth and deliver real-world solutions. From answering "How do you plan for the unplannable?" and "How can we better communicate with Genz" to branding a dating app, supporting climate change government policies, and designing a new flavour of beer, no topic is off-limits. Their success results from their genuine willingness to underpin everything with rigor & sharp thinking while not being afraid to experiment.
The opportunity: Research Director
Recently opening its doors in Melbourne, the agency is already seeing exponential growth. In an influential role, you'll support the MD propel them into a new phase of success, with a seat at the leadership table from day dot. Leading key client accounts and providing a strategic roadmap for the future – you’ll be an integral team player. The culture of this agency is one that supports, inspires, and ignites change. The people that make up this agency are united in their ability to solve the complex, detangle problems and add genuine impact to clients with a focus in on communications, branding, positioning, and innovation.
A hands-on and impactful research leader, you'll be responsible for:
• Driving strategic and trusted stakeholder relationships.
• Becoming fully immersed in your clients' problems, deeply understanding their goals, vision, and purpose.
• Designing qualitative and/or quantitative research projects end to end, with an overarching focus on proposal writing, insight generation, and presenting
• Storytelling and bringing insights to life – cutting through the jargon
• Delivering tangible recommendations and solutions that have an immediate impact on driving client's commercial growth, revenue, and overall business success
• Training, mentoring, and inspiring juniors and leading a team
• Jumping on the tools when needed required, implementing new tools and methodologies
• Revenue planning, managing budgets, and futureproofing the team's pipeline
• New Business Development and growing new and existing client portfolios from the ground up
The idea candidate profile:
• A senior market research, insight, or strategy expert with proven commercial success
• Proven client account management and relationship skills
• Data agonistic, comfortable talking to a wide variety of specialties spanning qual, quant, culture, trends, behaviour change, and strategy
• A genuine leader who sets the bar high and inspires others to reach it
• Commercially minded with an ability to think laterally, analytically, and creatively
• A strong negotiator with the ability to influence stakeholders across all levels
This agency has cultivated a work environment that attracts and retains the best talent in the industry because people are given the freedom to be creative, and all voices are heard.
If you are interested, please contact Emi