Clientside Insights and Research Analyst – Charity community broadcasting & media
$80,000 + SUPER (or pro-rata part-time equivalent) depending on level
Community-owned radio stations reflect Australia's open, strong, and vibrant culture, and over 6 million people tune in each week to listen. These stations play a vital role in providing platforms for communities that aren't adequately represented in mainstream media – first nations people, ethnic communities, religious groups, people living with disabilities, youths, seniors, cultural services, and the LGBTIQ+ community.
The organisation: Not-For-Profit
This not-for-profit membership body champions community broadcasters by empowering and improving stations capabilities, creating a flourishing enprint for the sector to thrive. Over 400+ community stations entrust this organisation to provide key information, insights, advice, and services to ensure their growth. They are a one-stop-shop, from free streaming platforms, conferences, and white papers to rising social awareness through events, advocating for government funding and customised research.
The people who work in this organisation are empathetic, passionate, and focused on positively impacting society. With a culture of collaboration, they encourage everyone to be themselves at work where all ideas are valued, and opinions welcomed. Whether you are the CEO, a board member, or an intern – everyone is treated equally.
The Role: Insights and Research Analyst
At the core of this organisation, sits the Research, Insights, and Strategy division – who are experts at answering members key questions about their audiences', such as:
• How many Australians listen to our station?
• What can we do to meet our listeners' needs better?
• How can we boost the volume and diversity of our programming?
• What content should we be providing to empower our community?
• How can we have access to better government funding?
Operating as an in-house agency – you'll not only manage quantitative research projects end-to-end, but you'll see your insights being implemented in real-time. A multifaceted role, you'll be hands-on with from taking briefs and understanding their problems to project management, designing research, questionnaire design, quantitative analysis, reporting, delivering presentations, and tracking success.
The insights that you unlock will play a key role in ensuring community radios are alive and empowering their audiences.
The essentials: What do you need to apply?
• Quantitative insight experience within a research, media, or data consultancy
• Exceptional data and analytical skills and tools – Q, SPSS, Excel, Qualtrics
• An ability to translate numbers into insights that are clear and implementable
• Proven experience managing projects from pitch through to final presentation
• Communication skills with the ability to converse with stakeholders from all walks of life
• Awesome project management and organisational skills
• An inherent passion for ensuring all Australian's have access to media that reflects their views, values and ignites a sense of belonging.
This role is open to full-time or part-time candidates. Their office is based in Sydney but is available to candidates based elsewhere and who want to work remotely.
If you're interested,